Blue Moon AI
This is a project to create an artificial intelligence opponent for the game
Blue Moon. All eight of the original Blue Moon people decks are supported,
as well as the more recent Buka Invasion deck.
- 2008-07-25 -- Version 1.3.2 released, with several more bug
- 2008-07-18 -- Version 1.3.1 released, with a few bug fixes mostly
related to Buka changes.
- 2008-07-08 -- Version 1.3.0 released, with Buka support and many
other improvements and bug fixes.
- 2008-02-12 -- Version 1.1.2 released, again with new neural
nets trained to more strictly punish instant losses.
- 2008-02-01 -- Re-released version 1.1.1. The previous version
attempted to hide the "close" button on the choose dialogs, which triggers
a bug in GTK on Windows.
- 2008-01-31 -- Version 1.1.1 released, with new neural
networks to fix a bug in the training.
- 2008-01-18 -- Version 1.0.3 released, which has some minor
bug fixes, but also a complete translation of messages to German.
- 2008-01-16 -- A port of version 1.0.2 to the Mac is now
available, courtesy of Mika Ryynänen.
- 2008-01-13 -- Version 1.0.2 released, to fix a nasty bug
in the debug option which caused a crash.
- 2008-01-12 -- Version 1.0.1 released, with minor updates to
the user interface, and an added debug option to help track down AI
The following package contains the source code, card images, and neural
networks for all matchups between the original eight decks. It should
compile fairly easily on any Linux or other Unix-like system. You will
need the GTK libraries and headers, etc, to compile it.
The following is a Windows self-installer provided by Dean Svendsen.
It has a fairly complete German localization, and the German as well as
English card images (select which to use at installation time).
Note that unless you already have GTK libraries for Windows installed
(unlikely), you will need those as well. If you have installed the GTK
libraries from a previous Blue Moon version, there is no need to download
or install them again.
See the AI FAQ for common problems and solutions.